Handmade artisan one of a kind cloth menstrual pads. These cloth menstrual pads are a fantastic way to be more connected to your cycle. You will begin to understand your bleeding patterns. For those who suffer from reactions to disposable products, cloth pads are a revelation – to not be itchy and uncomfortable on top of having your period. If environmental issues matter to you, with proper care, your cloth pads will last for many years.
All Daisy & Bird’s pads also have a hidden layer of flannelette and a hidden layer of PUL for waterproofing. They are backed with black cotton/Lycra knit fabric.
Absorbency is marked on the left wing with stars:
- * Light/Liner – 250gsm hemp or bamboo fleece
- ** Moderate – 500gsm hemp or bamboo fleece
- *** Heavy – 1000gsm hemp or bamboo fleece
- **** Super Heavy/Post Partum – 1250gsm hemp or bamboo fleece.
- Dry store the pads in an open container that allows airflow until you are ready to wash them.
- Prior to washing, put the pads on a rinse cycle in your washing machine, then soak the soiled pads for a few hours (or overnight) in an oxy solution such as Vanish or Napi-San. For any really stubborn stains, a paste of Vanish and water, or a stain stick often get the job done.
- Wash them in your washing machine on a cold or warm cycle. NOT hot… It’s fine to wash them with other washing if you are happy to do that. They can also be hand washed if you choose.
DON’TS: DON’T use hot water, it can set stains – blood contains proteins which react to heat. DON’T use fabric softener – it will, over time, reduce the absorbency of your pads
3. Pads are best line-dried, however, they may be tumble dried on a low heat setting, although this may reduce the overall life of the pad because of the extra wear and tear from the dryer.